The Curse that is ShmooCon Ticket Sales....
Posted On: 2010-11-01 12:55:57
Alright we are still in the process of digging through the chaos of the last hour. Here is what we know:
And because we still need to find humor in this somewhere:
- The server buckled even before ticket sales went live.
- The good news is no tickets were sold, no one has missed out on anything.
- The bad news is even with our aggressive load testing, y'all managed to overdrive the box.
- We're focusing on the Apache configuration based on the logs and data we have.
- We'll make another announcement at 6pm EDT with regards to when we will go live with ticket sales. There will be at least 24 hours notice.
And because we like to poke fun at ourselves we're going to run a contest. Email us your best "Curse of the ShmooCon Ticket Sales" poster/t-shirt design (think campy old horror flick) by Dec 1st. Winner will get their design printed on a t-shirt and two tickets to ShmooCon.
- We had the top twitter post there for a bit.
- We must be official now as there is a FakeShmooCon twitter account.
Questions? Email us at info @ shmoocon.org but please be patient with us as we continue to work on this issue.
Share this post:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 | Next ->