There were 1480 tickets released in three sales rounds.
- All tickets were held in 9.50 seconds.
- The wait lists filled up .77 seconds after that.
In other words ShmooCon 2017 sold out in 10.26 seconds.
Remember – this is the time in which the “line” to reserve tickets fills up. It takes a few minutes more for people to fill out their email address, request 1 or 2 tickets, and actually complete the reservation.
Total time for all reservations to be complete across the three rounds was 19 minutes and 27 seconds.
Some General Stats:
Tickets reserved per transaction:
- Round One – 287 reservations were for 2 tickets, 26 were for one
- Round Two – 313 reservations were for 2 tickets, 24 were for one
- Round Three – 110 reservations were for 2 tickets, 10 were for one
Looking at tickets purchased across all three rounds:
- Unique IPs – 568
- IPs with 1-3 transactions – 472
- IPS with 4-8 transactions – 53
- IPs with more than 8 – 43
- Unique Email Addresses – 709
- 664 purchased in one round
- 38 purchased in two rounds
- 7 purchased in all three rounds
ShmooCon caps total attendance at 2200.
1480 tickets were released through general sales. There are 83 students coming through the Shmooze-A-Student program and a total of 60 attending from other student groups. 225 tickets are allocated to sponsors. Add in 38 Shmoozers, 67 speakers, 28 events folks (think lockpick village, wireless ctf, etc), and a few other categories of tickets (including staff) and we end up right against that 2200 goal.
Want to Know More?
You can probably guess that the information here is just some of the highlights. As we do every year, we’ll talk a bit more in depth about ticket sales and our philosophy behind it (as well as many other things) at the 0wn the con session on Saturday.